What We Do
IncredAbilities help children achieve their goals through a mix of Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and Psychology.
At IncredAbilities, we create individual treatment programs that use a range of therapies in a warm yet effective manner. We believe that therapy can be intense and goal-directed, without being overwhelming for the child. That’s why we always use our creativity to ensure that the child feels fully engaged and enjoys the therapy process. Not only will the child be happier, but when a child’s brain is active and relaxed they learn new skills faster, and those skills are retained more easily – making our treatment approach one that is both more likely to succeed, and more likely to leave your child feeling energized and happy after a session!
We believe in providing intense and highly-effective therapy, in a way that the child finds enjoyable and engaging.
Every child is different, so the treatment we offer is highly personalized and goal driven — there’s no ‘cookie cutter’ approach used here. We work closely with your family to see what’s best for you, including providing you with a detailed home program. The home program will make it possible for you to reinforce the work from your child’s session while you are at home and reinforce those new neural connections!
Some of our key areas of expertise include:
- Sensory Integration
- Reflex Integration (MNRI trained / Dr. Mosgutova and Rhythmic Movement training (RMTi)
- Visual skills training including visual motor/ perceptual difficulties (including reading deficits) and strengthening occulomotor muscles
- ADHD / attention challenges
- Praxis (motor planning – related to coordination and motor skills, including sports difficulties)
- Fine motor skills / dexterity
- Handwriting and related issues
- Auditory Processing Difficulties
- Gross Motor skills, Core and overall Strengthening
- Parent training
- Attachment / Bonding
- Articulation and expressive communication
- Social skills training
Every child is unique, and we take a unique approach with every child.
IncredAbilities offers a range of solutions including speech therapy, physical therapy and psychology.
Our methods use state-of-the-art facilities such as our beautifully equipped sensory gym and work collaboratively with other experts, such as developmental optometrists, to make sure that all of our clients’ needs are fully met.
What makes us so unique is our intuitive flexibility. Each therapy program is tailor-made, so we respond precisely to each individual; for example, if we think a child will respond well to a quieter environment with less stimulation, we’ll work in a smaller, quieter setting sometimes even in our special “glow in the dark” room. If we think they need more movement and activity, we’ll work more actively in the sensory gym.
Because we’re results driven and have exceptionally high standards around the level of treatment your child receives, lead therapist Ricki, meets with her team of therapists weekly to maintain constant supervision and be involved with every child’s case.
Some of our key therapies are:
- Reflex integration
- Sensory integration
- Astronaut Training program – vestibular / auditory/ visual training program
- Brain Gym
- S’COOL Moves – visual motor activities to improve learning
- Music Therapy
- Therapeutic Listening Program™– by Vital Links
- Strong Institute (Jeff Strong)
- Quick Shifts
- Handwriting Without Tears Program
- Therapeutic Yoga
- See it, Say it, Do it Method – a program to help with auditory processing created by a developmental optometrist
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Executive function training
- Zones of Regulation
These are just a few of our therapeutic programs. In addition, all therapists on the team at IncredAbilities spend extensive amounts of time and money on taking current continuing education classes and workshops in order to fully offer you the latest in therapeutic advances and developments. Our collaborative approach means we have the flexibility to tailor-make our program according to client needs.
Call today for a general evaluation and therapy schedule.